A fun conversation about mountains, monads, types and heels reminded me about the first University years and one of our favourite math jokes. Here’s an attempt to translate it (original):
- Btw, Basis is a good name for a cat.
- Yeah, imposing…
- “Basis, come here”. “Yes… Basis is full… Look at our complete Basis.” “Basis, shoo from the bed! Where is your space?”
- “C’mon, convert to normal!”
- “Basis, we’ll measure you!” “We want to know your dimension” And if we get another cat with the same name, we can make a change of Basis. And we also can rotate Basis.
- And shear ))
- And scale a bit! (in one dimension though) And when it stands, it’s orthogonal! The paws are the same, so normalized too! i.e. we have EUCLIDEAN BASIS!!! Decided.